I am just getting going with creating some cute things for this new Young Women blog, so have patience with me, and soon I will have almost as many things for you to enjoy as I do on my other two blogs. Keep checking back as I will post my printables, ideas, lesson helps, etc., as soon as I can get the time to do so. Don't worry, I will be keeping up my other two blogs as well at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com/ and http://visitingteachingsurprise.blogspot.com






Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Temples Lesson idea

One of my readers (Berg) has a blog that gives a wonderful idea about a lesson she gave about the temple.  Here is her blogpost and idea http://gardenberger.blogspot.com/2011/03/super-service.html Remember the story about when all the women sacrificed of themselves to build the temple by donating their china to be crushed up and put into the walls of the temple to glisten?  She took that story and gave each girl a piece of china and put a temple message on the back of it, with the story.  I thought that was a great idea.

Now... you may be thinking... that would be very expensive!  Actually not.... if you go down to DI, or other 2nd hand store and buy it there.  I have seen whole sets of china that people have given away, in perfectly good condition.  Ross and TJ Maxx also have china tea plates in sets from time to time, for a very reasonable price, so you can look at stores like these. 

Sometimes $1 stores have the plate stands, so you could check there too if you wanted to give a plate stand as well.

Great idea especially I am sure that at least once a year, a YW lesson will be included on the temple.

Enjoy, Katie G.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is very important that we, as members of the church, be careful with the stories that are told and re-told over and over again especially when telling them to our impressionable youth.

    The story of the china being used or "sacrificed" for the Kirkland Temple construction is a myth.

    Please refer to the link to read about the story/myth that has so often been mistakenly told.

    http://ldsliving.com/story/64388-mormon-myths-early-church-stories

    ReplyDelete